Yesterday I took the girls to meet a friend who wanted to keep them overnight. They were excited to go ... as our friend is a TON of fun ... so they always love to be with her. She actually lives close ... but she was taking the girls to see her family. Nataliya was saying "Mommy no go. Mommy stay" as we approached the drop off spot ... but once she saw our friend she was excited to go with her.
So ... Chris and I had about 30 hours without our darlings. It was quiet. It was relaxing. It was refreshing. Oh, and did I mention it was quiet?!?! We went to dinner, did a little shopping, watched football (of course ... it's the playoffs ... I can't miss any games now!!).
Now for today ... my amazing husband really pulled out all of the punches. He took my place at church. I direct and teach our children's ministry ... but he did it all. I stayed home, slept in, drank coffee, stayed in my jammies, drank more coffee ... b/c it was hot and yummy and no one was interrupting me ... read my Bible, journaled, prayed ... ahhhh it was wonderful. Wow! What a husband I have. Oh wait ... he did more ... yesterday while I was out (delivering the girls and working on some church stuff) ... he took ALL of our Christmas decorations down (tree included), packed it all up, stored it all back in the basement and cleaned the house. I know ... I have an awesome husband! I'm very grateful ... and blessed!!
The little ones are home now. It was wonderful to wrap my arms around them again. I think one night away was just the right amount for all of us (at this point in life).
Tomorrow we are back in the swing of things ... dance, gymnastics and school on Tuesday.
I'm headed to bed (I've had such a rough day!!). Not really ... but I do want to be prepared for tomorrow!!
Sunday, January 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment