I'm not sure when I last wrote ... so I thought I'd better drop in ... for those loyal readers who check our blog!!
Last weekend the girls and I enjoyed a visit with Auntie Icki (that's Vicki to the rest of the world). She came from Florida for a long weekend and we all had a great time!! Oh, we also froze our butts off!
One cute thing is that Vicki recently colored her hair ... much darker than it has ever been. When she arrived last week ... it was late in the evening ... so the girls didn't see her until the next morning. After Juliya went to wake her up ... she (Juliya) came downstairs and found a framed photo of Auntie Icki (with her formerly highlighted blonde hair) and brought it back up stairs. Then she started telling us "dis Icki!! dis Icki!" ... she was trying to say she wanted "this Icki ... with blonde hair!" But eventually she forgot about Icki's hair color and just enjoyed having her here!
Nataliya's funny line for this week happened yesterday. Let me set it up. Nataliya really likes Mommy to carry her ... it is her preferred mode of transportation! :o) So, I have said to her on many occasions "what ... are your legs broken?" So yesterday I was carrying her from the van into the library when about half way through the parking lot she says "Taliya legs broken!" (in her cute little voice) and I laughed sooooooooooooo hard! It just cracked me up that she pulled it out of the blue!
Tonight we had a house full of people from the church planter's assessment center. It was so fun to have a houseful ... it took Chris and I both back to some of our favorite days of pastoring ... that of having lots of people in our home ... connecting ... enjoying themselves, etc. The girls were gone with friends for about half of the evening ... then came home and delighted everyone with their presence. We were so proud of how they handled having a house full of strangers when they came home. Warming up sweetly to those who spoke to them ... playing ... being themselves ... saying goodbye, etc. What little darlings they are!!!
Well, this Mommy is going to bed!!

No comments:
Post a Comment