This weekend Daddy was gone to Minnesota. When he left he told the girls he would bring them home a present ... but they needed to be good girls for Mommy in order to get it.
Well before he even left the house with his bags ... Juliya was putting in her gift request ... a collar and leash ... for her puppy. She doesn't have a puppy mind you ... several imaginary ones that she snaps her fingers at and tells them "come Lola, come!!" (she gets the name Lola from a friend who has a dog by that name.) She also has this teeny tiny dog that lives in a bug catcher cage ... way too small for a collar & leash. But she was truly jumping up and down soooooooo excited at the thought of getting a collar and leash. I did make sure to tell her she wouldn't be using the collar and leash on her sister ... who often pretends to be a dog!! :o)
So, Chris called me when he got down to the airport in Indy ... and he was actually a bit early for his flight ... so he decided to use the time to run down to K-Mart (or is it BIG K now) and find the presents! And there they were ... in the "small pet needs" aisle ... one purple, one pink ... perfect! Later that day the girls told me they wanted a pink and purple one ... little did they know Daddy already had them in his possession.
Tonight when Daddy came home the girls received their gifts ... and immediately we put them on some stuffed animal puppies they have. They drug them all around the house ... snapping their fingers at them telling them to "come!" and/or "go!" ... even taking them "outside" to go potty!
I will say I am liking these animal choices! The girls are content with all of their imaginary and stuffed animals ... and I'm hoping it stays that way for a long time!! :o)
Sunday, February 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Kristin really liked the neighbor's dog "Moses" when we lived in Lansing. And when I was expecting Joshua she would smile and say there was a puppy in my tummy. Of course we always corrected her and told her it was a baby person - not a baby dog. I think she was really disappointed that Joshua isn't a puppy.
I'm glad your girls are content with their stuffed animals. I think Kristin has about 10 stuffed dogs and still would really like a real one. But, she will just have to learn at this young age... we don't always get what we want.
Post a Comment