I was just taking a moment to read a blog of a family who adopted two little boys from Ukraine this past December. After reading up on all of their family adventures ... I realized what a great job she does keeping hers updated (thanks Courtney!) so here goes ... I'm breaking all my rules and writing a little something this morning.
This morning it dawned on me that I don't usually update the blog until ... the kitchen is clean, the laundry is folded, the girls are sleeping, I've answered my e-mails, spent time with Chris (when he is in town) and on and on and on the list goes.
So ... I'm breaking all the rules this morning. The kitchen is a disaster ... but here's why:
This morning the girls helped me make french toast ... their "help" in the kitchen always makes a bigger mess ... but it's also fun (when I have the time to do it). They each get their own bowl ... to which I add 2 eggs, a splash of milk, some sugar, cinnamon and vanilla ... they stir and stir and stir. While they're stirring I warm up the griddle and get the bread ready. This morning I also cut up some fresh strawberries ... which were quite yummy!!
After it was all mixed up ... we put them together in mommy's shallow bowl and I did the dipping and putting on the griddle. Juliya was sure the bread was crying "no griddle ... too hot!!" she said the strawberries were crying when I cut them up too. :o)
The girls helped whip up some butter and sprinkled powdered sugar on their french toast. Then we sat down at the table and enjoyed a yummy breakfast. Oh, I almost forgot the not so cute part of Nataliya "losing it" b/c Juliya set the table and chose the wrong fork for her. She gave her a blue one ... she apparently wanted the purple one ... so she threw herself on the floor, burst into tears ... kicking, screaming ... such tragedy. I sent her to the couch for a time out ... when she was done she came back to the table. Then we enjoyed a yummy breakfast!!
After breakfast the girls played with their BIG puppies ... these are huge puppies their Poppie and Grammie gave them. The dogs are much bigger than the girls ... but they have lots of fun with them. Poppie and Grammie are my second parents ... they live near Myrtle Beach, South Carolina now ... but I met them in the early 90's when Chris and I lived in South Dakota. They are precious and love the girls so very much!!
When I sat down to write this ... the girls were in their play room teaching motions to their kid's church class. :o) Not a song I know ... but something about Jesus - Power - Jesus loves you ... that's a good start! Now they have moved over to the piano room ... someone is "playing" and they are both singing ... "Hallelujah ... amazing ... mountain ... ever ... amazing ... changing ... mountain ... love you ... mountain ... sing ... ever ... love you ... love you ever ... Hallelujah!" On and on it goes ... now Nataliya is going to get a microphone!!! :o) (not that she needs one, since they are singing at the top of their lungs!!) I'm pretty sure they are singing the song "Hallelujah, Your Love Is Amazing" ... I would LOVE for them to grow up and become worship leaders!!!!
Oh and the laundry is not even started ... although I have many nice piles adding to the landscape around here! We all had clean underwear this morning ... so what's the rush!?!?!
Well the little ladies need some attention. They just helped me clean the kitchen (they dry the dishes ... well you know, about 1/4 of each dish!!). Time to go have some more fun or prevent meltdowns ... probably some of both!!
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh, Sweet Mary Jane!!! Thanks for breaking your very own blog rules! I LOVED reading about your morning!!!! It brought me such joy to hear about your girls praising our Amazing God!!!!! How beautiful! Love to you all!
Thanks for sharing about your four year old losing it. My four year old melts down over little things too. Tonight it was over a pair of gloves. Ugh!
Post a Comment